The EIFS Council of Canada will give a seminar at the Saskatchewan Building Officials Association, 2014 Spring Conference, April 9, 2014.
Seminar Title: What in the World is EIFS?
Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS) have been in use in Canada for over 35 years. During that time EIFS has been subjected to critical review on any number of performance fronts, yet has emerged a stronger option in the cladding market space with performance data that stands against previously held notions on how EIFS work. The EIFS Council of Canada is pleased to provide an informative session on EIFS in the current Canadian context.
This session will cover:
- What in the World is EIFS?
- Its History and Contemporary Use
- EIFS Components, Characteristics and Roles
- By Design and Application
- EIFS and the Code
- Fire, Water and Energy – Reconciling the Objectives
- The Building Official’s Checklist
- The Standards and the ECC Practice Manual
- Question and Answer Period