Do you have a question that is not covered below? Please email email@example.com for inquiries.
Low rise residential, high rise residential, commercial/retail, recreational/institutional
You may submit one project to one category only. However, you are permitted to submit multiple projects
Project must be occupied no sooner than January 1st, 2015 and no later than January 31st, 2017 for low rise residential, high rise residential, commercial/retail, and recreational/institutional projects OR Projects must be completed no sooner than January 1, 2015 and January 31st, 2017 for renovation projects.
Project opaque walls must be comprised of more than 50% EIFS.
Project site and building must be physically located in Canada.
Yes, but the project site and building must be physically located Canada
Registrations to declare intent will close on April 7th, 2017 at 11:59am
Submissions are received online in electronic format. Once the registration period is over, submission forms will be open for applicants
All submissions must be received electronically, no later than 11:59am on April 7th, 2017.
You will be asked to provide project information, project team information and project details. You will also be asked to provide a separate (1) 8.5 x 11” page summary of your project. Any additional supporting material such as key details, drawings and photographs will be submitted in a single PDF file.
Additional supporting material format: All submissions should be 8.5 x11” format submitted online. (16) single-sided pages maximum. Total file size should not exceed 20MB
You will asked to detail how the project addresses the following criteria:
• Impact: How does the project contribute to its site, neighbourhood and community?
• Design: how does the project demonstrate innovation & creativity?
• Sustainability: Describe the project strategies that were incorporated to reduce the negative impact of the building on the environment?
• Use & Significance: How does this project create a new benchmark of excellence in EIFS construction?
• Alex Bozikovic, Architecture critic, The Globe and Mail
• Robert J. Dyck, President, Robert J Dyck Architect & Engineer Inc
• Dr. Ted Kesik, Professor of Building Science, Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape and Design, University of Toronto
• Joe Somfay, Senior Architect, IBI Group
• Dr. John Straube, Professor, University of Waterloo and Principal, RDH Building Science Inc
May 7th, 2017