Do you have a question that is not covered below? Please email email@example.com for inquiries.
Low rise residential, high rise residential, commercial/retail, recreational/institutional, renovations.
You may submit one project to one category only. However, you are permitted to submit multiple projects. You may not submit the same project twice.
• Project must be occupied no sooner than January 1st, 2017 and no later than January 31st, 2019 OR,
• Project must be completed no sooner than January 1st, 2017 and no later than January 31st, 2019 for renovation projects,
• Project opaque walls must be comprised of more than 50% EIFS.
• Project site and building must be physically located in Canada.
• Project must not be a previous EIFS Architectural Design Awards Finalist or Winner
Category specific criteria:
Low rise residential:
• Project must be within the scope of Part 9 of Division B of the NBC and be used or intended to be used residential occupancy
High rise residential:
• Project must within the scope of Part 3 of Division B of the NBC and be used or intended to be used residential occupancy
• Project must be within the scope of Part 9 or Part 3 and be used or intended to be used business and personal services OR mercantile occupancy
• Project must be constructed in compliance with the NBC and be used or intended to be used for assembly occupancy
• Project must be constructed in compliance with the local building code
• Project must be a recladding of an existing building. If an addition was added to an existing building and new floor area was added, the project would not be eligible for the renovation category, but would be eligible for the appropriate category above)
Yes, but the project site and building must be physically located Canada
Submissions are received online in electronic format using the submission portal
All submissions must be received electronically, no later than 11:59pm on April 12th, 2019.
a. All submissions must be in an electronic format
b. All submissions must contain two (2) PDF files:
i. Drawing set
ii. One-page summary and photo set
c. All submissions must include a full set of architectural drawings including, but not limited to:
i. Site plans, floor plans, elevations, sections
ii. Key details involving EIFS
iii. Specification list
d. Photo set guidelines:
i. All submissions must include colour photography of the building
ii. Photos of the project from different elevations
iii. Photos of the site that shows the project in its immediate context
iv. Photo resolution should be 180 dpi or higher
v. All submissions should be 8.5 x 11” format submitted online
vi. Sixteen (16) single-sided pages maximum or 8 double sided pages
e. All submissions must include a separate (1) 8.5 x 11” page summary
f. A project can be submitted to one (1) category only. You may submit multiple different projects
All submissions should be 8.5 x11” format submitted online. Total file size should not exceed 20MB
a. You will asked to detail how the project addresses the following criteria:
• Impact: How does the project contribute to its site, neighbourhood and community?
• Design: how does the project demonstrate innovation & creativity?
• Sustainability: Describe the project strategies that were incorporated to reduce the negative impact of the building on the environment?
• Use & Significance: How does this project create a new benchmark of excellence in EIFS construction?
• Technical excellence: How does the project demonstrate technical excellence and good building science principles?
Judges will be announced shortly
May 6th, 2019