Do you have a question that is not covered below? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
Low rise residential, high rise residential, commercial/retail, recreational/institutional, renovations.
You may submit one project to one category only. However, you are permitted to submit multiple projects. You may not submit the same project twice.
Project must be occupied no sooner than January 1st, 2016 and no later than January 31st, 2018 OR,
Project must be completed no sooner than January 1st, 2016 and no later than January 31st, 2018 for renovation projects,
Project opaque walls must be comprised of more than 50% EIFS.
Project site and building must be physically located in Canada.
Category specific criteria:
Low rise residential:
• Project must be within the scope of Part 9 of Division B of the NBC and be used or intended to be used residential occupancy
High rise residential:
• Project must within the scope of Part 3 of Division B of the NBC and be used or intended to be used residential occupancy
• Project must be within the scope of Part 9 or Part 3 and be used or intended to be used business and personal services OR mercantile occupancy
• Project must be constructed in compliance with the NBC and be used or intended to be used for assembly occupancy
• Project must be constructed in compliance with the local building code
• Project must be a recladding of an existing building. If an addition was added to an existing building and new floor area was added, the project would not be eligible for the renovation category, but would be eligible for the appropriate category above)
Yes, but the project site and building must be physically located Canada
Submissions are received online in electronic format using the submission portal
All submissions must be received electronically, no later than 12:01am on April 7th, 2018.
a. All submissions must be in electronic format
b. All submissions must include a full set of architectural drawings including, but not limited to:
i. Site plans, floor plans, elevations, sections
ii. Key details involving EIFS
iii. Specification list
i. Photos of the project from different elevations
ii. Photos of the site that shows the project in its immediate context
d. All submissions should be 8.5 x11” format submitted online. (16) single-sided pages maximum. In addition, provide a separate (1) 8.5 x 11” page summary
All submissions should be 8.5 x11” format submitted online. (16) single-sided pages maximum. Total file size should not exceed 20MB
You will asked to detail how the project addresses the following criteria:
• Impact: How does the project contribute to its site, neighbourhood and community?
• Design: how does the project demonstrate innovation & creativity?
• Sustainability: Describe the project strategies that were incorporated to reduce the negative impact of the building on the environment?
• Use & Significance: How does this project create a new benchmark of excellence in EIFS construction?
• Technical excellence: How does the project demonstrate technical excellence and good building science principles?
Judges will be announced shortly
April 30th, 2018